Why are Rules Important to Children?
Teaching young children about rules prepares them for kindergarten, helps keep them safe, and guides their behavior at home and in their program.
Teachers/Providers: Partner with parents and families to meet school readiness goals! This downloadable resource can help reinforce the work you do every day in just four easy steps:
- E-mail to parents and families
- Share on Facebook and Twitter
- Download, print, and distribute to parents and families
- Place on the family communication board
Parents/Families: Discover the following helpful resources to help children follow the rules:
- Creating Structure and Rules for Your Child
- Why do kids need rules?
- Charts and Graphs: Creating Structure and Rules (video)