Powered by YOU! Share your expertise by becoming a MFE guest author.
Thank you for your interest in submitting resources, events, or news articles to the Maryland Families Engage (MFE) website! Our target audience is those who care for children, including teachers, providers, parents, and families.
Please reference the guidelines below before submitting your content. All content submitted must abide by these guidelines and our Terms and Conditions. All PDF resource documents must conform to the federal Revised 508 Standards. If you have questions or difficulty completing the submission forms, please contact us.
What Type of Content is Appropriate for MFE?
MFE features high-quality content on topics relating to family engagement, school readiness, and children’s overall educational journey to college for our statewide and national audiences. Examples of high-quality content include:
- Content that falls within one or more of our 11 featured topics:
- Community Partnerships
- English Language Learners
- Family Events
- Family Partnerships
- Grants/Funding Leadership
- Life Events
- Professional Development
- Special Needs
- Teaching and Learning
- Short- or moderate-length family engagement news articles, between 500 and 1,000 words, including family engagement success stories, challenges/solutions, educator/family/community partnerships, strategies, activities, resources, programs, or initiatives.
- Short- or moderate-length mental health news articles, between 500 and 1,000 words, including educator/family/community partnerships, support, resources, challenges/solutions, strategies, activities, programs, or initiatives.
- Short- or moderate-length “hot topics” in education news articles, between 500 and 1,000 words, including COVID-19, virtual/remote learning, reopening/recovery success stories, resources, challenges/solutions, strategies, activities, and resources, programs, or initiatives.
- Produced and edited video clips between two and five minutes in duration of reading, cooking, or other at-home learning activities for families.
How Does it Work?
If a school, program, center, college, organization, nonprofit, or individual/freelance writer is interested in submitting content to be included on this website, please use the appropriate form linked below. Please include a one-paragraph description of your content and the intended audience (educators or families).
We will contact you within one business week to notify you that we have received your content. The MFE Editorial Committee of experts will review your content. The entire process from submission to publication is approximately one month.
We look forward to reading your content!