Wednesday Watch Parties “Shorts,” Lunch. Learn. Listen.
During WWP “Shorts,” the Lunch, Learn, and Listen edition, encourage parents and families to gather the little ones to learn a short activity then listen to a short story together during lunch at 12:30 p.m.!
To watch videos, click here.
Maryland Families Engage Presents WWP “Shorts,” Lunch, Learn, and Listen on Facebook @MDEngageEarly:
Wednesday, June 17
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to Imagine Your Story with Montgomery County Public Libraries. Imagine a world filled with unicorns and dragons, mermaids, and monkey kings. Now imagine your story! Join the MCPL Summer Reading and Learning Program from June 15-August 31 (for ages 0-12).
- 12:37 p.m. LISTEN: Catholic Charities Head Start Storyteller Ms. Stephanie reads The Way I Feel.
Wednesday, June 24 (Special Edition featuring MSDE, Division of Early Childhood Assistant State Superintendent Steven Hicks)
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: It’s Never Too Early: Talking to Children About Race and Diversity! LEARN: how to use books as a conversation starter featuring MSDE, Division of Early Childhood Assistant State Superintendent Steven Hicks.
Wednesday, July 1
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to make a special 4th of July treat with Loyola Early Learning Center! Let’s face it, children deserve a special holiday treat. They will get a kick out of making this “get down and dirty” Dirt Dessert made from pudding, whipped topping, and cookie crumbs on top.
- 12:37 p.m. LISTEN: It’s Never Too Early: To Talk to Children About Race and Diversity! MSDE Storyteller Ms. Tresa reads a recommended book on race and diversity, “I am Enough,” by Grace Byers.
Wednesday, July 8
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to make homemade pizza with Loyola Early Learning Center! Create your own pizza using fresh ingredients.
- 12:37 p.m. LISTEN: Gaithersburg Judy Center Storyteller Ms. Michele reads Mrs. Wishy-Washy.
Interested in volunteering to create your own “Shorts” for Maryland Families Engage? Click here.