During WWP “Shorts,” the Lunch, Learn, and Listen edition, encourage parents and families to gather the little ones to learn a short activity then listen to a short story together during lunch at 12:30 p.m.! #MDFamiliesEngage #InThisTogether
Maryland Families Engage Presents WWP “Shorts,” Lunch, Learn, and Listen on Facebook @MDEngageEarly:
Wednesday, June 17
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to Imagine Your Story with Montgomery County Public Libraries. Imagine a world filled with unicorns and dragons, mermaids, and monkey kings. Now imagine your story! Join the MCPL Summer Reading and Learning Program from June 15-August 31 (for ages 0-12).
- 12:37 p.m. LISTEN: Catholic Charities Head Start Storyteller Ms. Stephanie reads The Way I Feel.
Wednesday, June 24 (Special Edition featuring MSDE, Division of Early Childhood Assistant State Superintendent Steven Hicks)
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: It’s Never Too Early: Talking to Children About Race and Diversity! LEARN: how to use books as a conversation starter featuring MSDE, Division of Early Childhood Assistant State Superintendent Steven Hicks.
Wednesday, July 1
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to make a special 4th of July treat with Loyola Early Learning Center! Let’s face it, children deserve a special holiday treat. They will get a kick out of making this “get down and dirty” Dirt Dessert made from pudding, whipped topping, and cookie crumbs on top.
- 12:47 p.m. LISTEN: It’s Never Too Early: To Talk to Children About Race and Diversity! MSDE Storyteller Ms. Tresa reads a recommended book on race and diversity, “I am Enough,” by Grace Byers.
Wednesday, July 8
- 12: 30 p.m. LEARN: How to make homemade pizza with Loyola Early Learning Center! Create your own pizza using fresh ingredients.
Interested in volunteering to create your own “Shorts” for Maryland Families Engage? Click here.