Celebrate Spring and “Go Green” this Month!
With National Garden Month, National Fresh Celery Month, Easter, and Earth Day, April is full of opportunities to “go green.” Start by encouraging children to develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. During Week of the Young Child (April 2-8), children can enjoy a week full of fun, indoor and outdoor early learning experiences.
MFE Presents: #HealthyGreenFamilies
- Take the MFE Family Seed Challenge!
- Learn how to become #HealthyGreenFamilies with MFE’s Spring Gardening Tips.
- Discover MFE’s Top 10 Spring Recipes for Family Dinner!
Teachers and Providers: Partner with parents and families to meet school readiness goals! This downloadable resource can help reinforce the work you do every day in just four easy steps:
- E-mail to parents and families.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the Hashtag #MDFamiliesEngage.
- Download, print, and distribute to parents and families.
- Place on the family communication board.
Parents and Families: This month is all about vegetables, trees, bunnies, outdoor play, and creating a happier, better world for your children. Below are six fun activities you can do with your children:Fun-Ideas-Family-Engagement-April