Welcome to the Healthy Green Families page! Below you will find various resources for both parents and educators to help children choose healthier meal options. With these simple tips and activities, you will be encouraging children to develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime.
The Family Seed Challenge
Tomatoes, watermelon, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, oh my! It’s the spring planting season and the perfect opportunity to start a healthier lifestyle. Teach children the value of growing their food by planting a family or school veggie garden.
Teachers/Providers: Start A School Garden – Here’s How
Parents and Families: How to Start a Vegetable Garden With Your Kids
National Tomato Day: Tomatoes are the focal point of favorite dishes such as fresh garden salad, spaghetti, and tacos. Children will be amazed by how it starts with a single seed. Learn how to grow tomatoes with children:
- A Kid-Friendly Guide to Growing Tomatoes
- How to Grow Tomatoes at Home with Your Kids
- 10 Tips for Growing Tomatoes
MFE Presents: The Top 10 Spring Recipes for Family Dinner! Help children develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime.
- Recipe One: Broccoli Crust Pepperoni Pizza.
- Recipe Two: Green Bean Caprese Salad
- Recipe Three: French Bread Taco Pizza
- Recipe Four: Spicy Corn Soup
- Recipe Five: Beef Taco Skillet
- Recipe Six: Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Recipe Seven: Sheet Pan Rainbow Nachos
- Recipe Eight: Bunny Pizza
- Recipe Nine: Grilled Veggie French Onion Flatbreads
- Recipe Ten: Spinach & Strawberry Pasta Salad
What’s for Dinner Tonight? Discover nutrition tips, fun and creative recipes, and more with The MFE Nutrition Collection on the resources page. New resources are coming! So visit the nutrition collection often.