Celebrate spring’s arrival with singing, dancing, gardening, and reading!
March is National Music and Nutrition month, and Read Across America Day is March 2. On March 2, read Fun Children’s Books about Healthy Food. Get into the groove during National Music Month with these Five Tips for Making the Most of Music at Home! For National Nutrition Month and the spring planting season, teach children the value of growing their food by planting a school, program, or family veggie garden. Take the Family Seed Challenge! Display your children’s green thumbs by sharing photos with @MDEngageEarly on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the Hashtag #HealthyGreenFamilies.
MFE Presents: #HealthyGreenFamilies
- Take the MFE Family Seed Challenge!
- Learn how to become “A Healthy Green” family, school, or program with MFE’s Spring Gardening Tips.
- Discover MFE’s Top 10 Spring Recipes for Family Dinner!
Teachers and Providers: Partner with parents and families to meet school readiness goals! This downloadable resource can help reinforce the work you do every day in just four easy steps:
- E-mail to parents and families.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the Hashtag #MDFamiliesEngage.
- Download, print, and distribute to parents and families.
- Place on the family communication board.
Parents and Families: Below are five-fun-filled activities you can do at home with your children:FamilyFun_March