June is National Safety Month!
In addition to the CDC’s updated Operational Guidance for K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs (ECE) to Support Safe In-Person Learning, there are more basic summer safety guidelines for families, educators and program administrators to follow to avoid injuries in children.
Providers and Program Administrators: Check out these 10 tips to keep children safe this summer. Also, share this downloadable resource with parents and families:
- E-mail to parents and families.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the Hashtag #MDFamiliesEngage.
- Download, print and distribute to parents and families.
- Place on the family communication board.
Discover more safety tips to download and share with families:
- Safety and Injury Prevention Tips for Families
- Home Fire Escape Plan
- Open Water Safety Checklist
- Home Safety Tips
- Pool Safety Checklist (Tips for Parents)
- Toy Safety Tips
- Heat Stroke: Could it happen to your child?
- Personal Story of Losing a Child to a Heatstroke