The holiday meal is only complete for many families with candied sweet potatoes or sweet potato pie. Celebrate National Sweet Potato Month in November by taking a trip with your family to Sweet Potato Hill at Tasty Acres Farm! Learn more about Sweet Potatoes and Yams.
For MFE’s Little Chefs
- Sweet Potato Recipes to Make with Your Little Chefs
- Sweet Potato Exploration – Preschool
- Little Chefs Certificates
Teachers and Providers: By following step-by-step directions, measuring ingredients and counting serving sizes, your little ones are learning basic math concepts, which can lead to a future STEM career. Partner with parents and families to meet school readiness goals! This downloadable resource can help reinforce the work you do every day in just four easy steps:
- E-mail to parents and families.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the Hashtag #MyLittleChefs.
- Download, print and distribute to parents and families.
- Place on the family communication board.
Parents and Families: When you cook with children, you create family bonds and encourage healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. Encourage your children to help select the menu for the holidays and make their own contributions. From Pretzel Polar Bears to Grinch Fruit Kabobs, create holiday magic with your little chefs by including them in the meal preparation. Check out MFE’s Top 20-holiday snacks and meal recipes that your little chefs will love to make and eat.
Download, print, e-mail and share the USDA’s Sweet Potato Hill at Tasty Acres Farm Activity BookSweetPotatoHill